Wednesday, September 16, 2009

hanging onto summer...


summer is officially here until september 22nd and i plan to savor every last minute. we're eating plenty of watermelon, zucchini and cucumber (one from our garden that didn't taste like dramamine!) and i'm really in the mood for a nectarine right now.


 today my kitchen was sunny and raw after some inspiration from Carmella's amazing ebooks that i finally ordered today :

and



 john and i created this delicious summer dish of spiralized zucchini tossed with sliced button mushrooms, raw cashews, diced avocado, cilantro, olive oil, and a few seasonings.

as Carmella would say, it was to live for!

~*~



this eggplant made me so happy all season long, from the first bloom to its last fruit. i plan to grow at least four eggplant next season. i'm hoping the baby eggplant are able to mature before the cold weather comes!

3 comments:

  1. I might ask u for gardening tips soon : -] I always admire those who grow their own food! and I agree: Carmella creations are AMAZING!! yours looks amazing too.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still so jealous of your garden!! I'm also jealous of your spiraler! My B-day is on Saturday. I asked for one! We shall see if I get it!! :D
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the link to your blog from gardenweb where I just became a member and I love the site. I was attracted to your blog because it is "animal friendly". Well I am a vegan and I am starting my first garden next year. Are you raw from this post it seems you are interested in it, I have been trying a high raw diet and been able to eat about 70% without giving much effort. Well I just started a blog and hopefully will be active on it and I'll have my garden on it and of course my food creations it is http://seedsrootsfruitleaves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...